[Prototype-core] measure surrounding size

1 view

Tom Nijns

May 9, 2010, 9:02:06 AM5/9/10
to Prototype: Core
Hi,

I love the new measure and layout features but like to see something
added.
When creating userinterfaces, I regulary need to know the surrounding
height or width of an element in order to resize it correctly. Now I
use my own function that aggregates padding, border and margin.
Perhaps $(elm).measure('surrounding-height') could do the same.

Andrew Dupont

May 10, 2010, 1:10:16 PM5/10/10
to prototy...@googlegroups.com
Tom, the "margin-height" key does the same thing.

Cheers,
Andrew