What's lined up at this year's Proto.in

Sudhir Syal

Jul 3, 2011, 4:17:17 PM7/3/11
to prot...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We have less than a week to go for Proto.in Chennai and the excitement is palpable. The nomination panel has been hard at work and we've shortlisted the final 15 start-ups that will present at the event. Without revealing too much, I can safely say that the line-up we have this year is one of the best we've ever had over our last 7 editions of Proto.in. Keeping with Proto.in's focus which is to showcase the most exciting product innovations, the products you will see at the Proto.in showcase are solutions from a variety of sectors including Social Gaming, E-Commerce, Mobile, Microfinance and Low Cost Lighting; there's also a start-up this year with a new low cost in-land urban transport solution for short distance mobility.  I'm not going to reveal more, you will have to attend the event on the 9th of July to meet the start-ups in flesh and blood. We thank our nomination panel for all the hard work put in over the last 1 week. This was the selection criteria used.

We are also very happy to announce the agenda for the event. We've got a rockstar line-up of entrepreneurs and investors this year, apart from sessions by the BSE, 1 on 1 mentoring by Sequoia Capital and an finance workshop by Nurturing Talent. There is very little time left, so if you haven't booked your ticket already do ahead and Book your seats for the event.

The agenda is below. We look forward to meeting you.

Cheers,

Sudhir

Proto.in 8th Edition, Chennai, July 9th, 2011

  Time

      Agenda

9:30 AM

Keynote by Mohit Bhatnagar, Managing Director, Sequoia Capital India

Lessons learnt while working with India’s most dynamic start-ups. The secret recipe of that fast growth start-up

10:00 AM

Keynote by Naveen Tewari, Founder, Inmobi

Yes. Product Innovation is possible in India. So is super-fast growth. So is taking on the World. Naveen Tewari of Inmobi tells us how he’s done it so far.

10:30 AM

Proto.in Showcase

Witness India’s 15 most exciting product innovations from the business domains of e-commerce, social gaming, mobile, clean-tech and more!

01:30 PM

  Lunch Break

02:30 PM

BSE SME Exchange unveiled!

What is the new SME exchange all about and how will it be relevant to product start-ups in India

A special interaction between the men behind the SME Exchange, 2 late stage entrepreneurs, Ravi Narayanan of Mentor Square and Shantanu Surpure of Sandhill Advisors.

3:15 PM

ET NOW ‘Super Angels’ with Vishal Gondal

Proto.in plays host to ‘Super Angels’, the path-breaking series on ET NOW where start-ups pitch to angel investors for funding on national television.

In this special, Men’s E-commerce platform fetise.com makes its pitch to Super Angel Vishal Gondal, the founder of Indiagames

4:00 PM

Early Stage Investing in India – Learnings, Successes and Musings

Is there a start-up recipe investors are looking at? Entrepreneur, Business model and product traits that appeal. Follow sectors or create new ones.

Strategies and lessons learnt while investing in start-ups which have scaled successfully. How difficult is it really to pick the winners.

Panel Moderated by Arun Natarajan, Founder of Venture Intelligence

Speakers:

Rahul Khanna – MD, Canaan Partners

Sandeep Singhal – MD, Nexus Venture Partners

Sasha Mirchandani – Managing Partner, Kay Capital

Anand Lunia, CFO, Seed Fund

Sushanto Mitra, CEO, SINE

Ashwin Raghuraman, VP, Nasscom Innovation Fund

04:45 PM

Product 101 – Building and scaling a product startup in India

Secrets of building a product start-up in India. How to hire right, how to keep costs down, monetization strategies and breeding innovation. How is it really done?

Panel Moderated by Gopal Srinivasan, MD of TVS Capital

Speakers:

Anupam Pahuja, General Manager, Paypal India

Rohit Singal, Founder, Source Bits

Shalin Jain, Founder, Tenmiles

Manav Garg, Founder, Eka Software

Gautam Sinha, CTO Indiatimes

Mukul Kumar, Co-Founder, Pubmatic

5:30 PM

The Secret to Scale

Learns from the entrepreneurs who bet right, built right and most importantly scaled right.  Each one of them have over 300 employees, over 10 million dollars in revenue and a global footprint.

How did they do it? What can you learn?

Satya Prabhakar, Founder, Sulekha.com

Vishal Gondal, Founder, Indiagames

Naveen Tewari, Founder, Inmobi

Panel Moderated by Sateesh Andra, MD of DFJ Ventures

6:15  PM

Vote of thanks

Memento Distribution

Volunteer – Photo Op

Parallel Sessions:

3:00 PM to 6:00 PM     Demo Pit

15 of India’s hottest start-ups will showcase their demos in the demo pit - and engage and interact with the audience on their growth plans and opportunities for collaboration.

3:00 PM to 5:00 PM     Mentoring Session with Sequoia Capital

15 selected start-ups attending the event have the opportunity of getting mentored by Sequoia Capital, 1 on 1 for a period 15 mins each. 15 deserving start-ups will be chosen for this special session

3:15 PM to 4:15 PM     Bootstrap with T-Ignition Labs

T-Iginition Labs, an early stage investor from the India Times Group is playing host to a special Innovation Jam where entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs will get an opportunity to build a start-up and raise funds all in under one hour

5:00 PM to 6:00 PM Finance Fundamentals Workshop by Nurture Talent

Amit Grover and the Nurture Talent team will hold a special workshop for all attendees where they will teach the finance essentials and entrepreneur must equip himself with. Free to attend for all participants

Warm Regards,

Sudhir Syal

Associate Producer

ET NOW

TIMES TELEVISION NETWORK

Times Global Broadcasting Company Limited,

1st Floor, Trade House, Kamala Mills Compound,
Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel,
Mumbai 400013, India.
Tel: +91 22 24999944

Fax: +91 22 2837296

Mobile: +91 9820152624

Email ID: sudhi...@timesgroup.com

Watch 'Starting Up' on ET NOW every Tuesday night at 10:30 PM and Sunday morning at 10:00 AM

Or just become a fan of our Facebook group by logging onto www.facebook.com/startinguponetnow

Sudhir Syal

Jul 3, 2011, 3:39:07 PM7/3/11