New Flack User Can't Allocate Resources

ldu...@g.clemson.edu

Feb 9, 2015, 1:39:08 PM2/9/15
to protoge...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

I am an undergrad at Clemson who is new to GENI and flack. I've joined a project and made a slice but can't allocate resources. I've watched a number of tutorials but am still having trouble. This is what I'm doing:

-going to geni desktop and then to flack
-allowing AM's to load
-clicking the VM button next to two instageni resources from different locations
-dragging the connective line to form a gre tunnel between them
-clicking "use Gemini extensions" under plugins tab
-clicking submit

Here is the error:
"No possible mapping for GN0
No physical nodes have feature OS-10016-10034!
OS'emulab-ops/FEDORA15-OPENVZ-STD' (OS-10016) does not run on this hardware type!"

It gives this error after I hit submit. The computer tries to allocate resources for a few seconds, then gives that argument.

I am new to geni and excited about what it might hold for the future. Any help would be much appreciated!!

-Leland

Hussamuddin Nasir

Feb 9, 2015, 1:44:28 PM2/9/15
to protoge...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
Please refrain from using FLACK and the GEMINI Extension plug-in
inside of FLACK. Those have been deprecated. Could you point me to the
tutorial you are trying to run. I can give you the appropriate updated
instructions regarding those.

cheers,

Hussam
(Hussamuddin Nasir)

Netlab Operations Team

Laboratory for Adv. Networking Phone : (859)218-0059
James F Hardymon Building Fax : (859)323-3740
301 Rose Street, Rm 237 E-mail : na...@netlab.uky.edu
Lexington, KY 40506-0495 Web : http://www.netlab.uky.edu

University of Kentucky
**********************

Jonathon Duerig

Feb 9, 2015, 1:44:55 PM2/9/15
to protoge...@googlegroups.com
We are currently deprecating many of our OpenVZ machines. Try changing the
sliver type to emulab-xen and you will likely have better luck. If you
still have troubles, let me know.

---
Broad audience or deep message: Pick one.

ldu...@g.clemson.edu

Feb 9, 2015, 2:51:34 PM2/9/15
to protoge...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your help!
I used emulab-xen and allocated resources. Now, in GENI Desktop, it says the slice "has resources but no global node." Is there a way to add a global node?

Jonathon Duerig

Feb 9, 2015, 2:55:47 PM2/9/15
to protoge...@googlegroups.com
For this, you need to refer to Hussam's message from before. They have a
new way of allocating Gemini control nodes in your experiment using the
GENI desktop.

---

On Mon, 9 Feb 2015, ldu...@g.clemson.edu wrote:

> Thank you for your help!I used emulab-xen and allocated resources. Now, in GENI Desktop, it says the

Hussamuddin Nasir

Feb 9, 2015, 3:02:12 PM2/9/15
to protoge...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
 Can you tell me what your slice name is ?

cheers,

Hussam
(Hussamuddin Nasir)

Netlab Operations Team

Laboratory for Adv. Networking  Phone  : (859)218-0059
James F Hardymon Building       Fax    : (859)323-3740
301 Rose Street, Rm 237         E-mail : na...@netlab.uky.edu
Lexington, KY 40506-0495        Web    : http://www.netlab.uky.edu

                        University of Kentucky
                        **********************

ldu...@g.clemson.edu

Feb 9, 2015, 3:03:42 PM2/9/15
to protoge...@googlegroups.com, na...@netlab.uky.edu
Hussam,

my slice name is ldunwoo1 under project gec-demo.

Hussamuddin Nasir

Feb 9, 2015, 3:22:23 PM2/9/15
to ldu...@g.clemson.edu, protoge...@googlegroups.com
After looking at your rspec, i can tell you a few things here. Even after you used the xen VM's this experiment may not works since the link uses a gre-tunnel which does not work when using xen VMs.

The reason you ran into this issue is because you used FLACK. You will have to use another tool to create your slice . Is there a particular tutorial your are following for this  ? I can give you further instructions based on this ?

cheers,

Hussam
(Hussamuddin Nasir)

Netlab Operations Team

Laboratory for Adv. Networking  Phone  : (859)218-0059
James F Hardymon Building       Fax    : (859)323-3740
301 Rose Street, Rm 237         E-mail : na...@netlab.uky.edu
Lexington, KY 40506-0495        Web    : http://www.netlab.uky.edu

                        University of Kentucky
                        **********************

ldu...@g.clemson.edu

Feb 9, 2015, 5:09:43 PM2/9/15
to protoge...@googlegroups.com, ldu...@g.clemson.edu, na...@netlab.uky.edu
Thanks so much. This is the tutorial I used - it is completely based on flack. http://www.cs.unc.edu/Research/geni/geniEdu/00-Setup.html

Hussamuddin Nasir

Feb 9, 2015, 7:57:50 PM2/9/15
to ldu...@g.clemson.edu, protoge...@googlegroups.com
Hi again,
   Well that explains it. All most all of the tutorials on this will not work as is. Here's a work around i suggest. Use the attached rspec and use it at the Geni Desktop to reserve your resources in place of using FLACK.

For the GeniDesktop stuff use these instructions. http://groups.geni.net/geni/wiki/GEMINI/Tutorial/GEC21/GENI_Desktop_and_GEMINI_Example_Topology_g#CreatingaSliversforGEMINIGEC21Tutorial

cheers,

Hussam
(Hussamuddin Nasir)

Netlab Operations Team

Laboratory for Adv. Networking  Phone  : (859)218-0059
James F Hardymon Building       Fax    : (859)323-3740
301 Rose Street, Rm 237         E-mail : na...@netlab.uky.edu
Lexington, KY 40506-0495        Web    : http://www.netlab.uky.edu

                        University of Kentucky
l.rspec