getting mixed storage sizes

1 view

Ezra Kissel

Feb 23, 2015, 10:51:58 AM2/23/15
to protoge...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I submitted an rspec to utahddc-ig last night requesting two nodes with
30G storage each.

<emulab:xen cores="2" ram="1024" disk="30"/>

One node got the /dev/xvdc block device with 30G, the other got 8G for
some reason. Any ideas? Manifest attached for slice idms-ig-utah2

thanks,
- ezra

idms-ig-utah2-manifest-rspec-utahddc-geniracks-net.xml

Leigh Stoller

Feb 23, 2015, 11:44:01 AM2/23/15
to protoge...@googlegroups.com
> One node got the /dev/xvdc block device with 30G, the other got 8G for some reason. Any ideas? Manifest attached for slice idms-ig-utah2

Hi. No idea, not without a pointer to the specific sliver that failed
to do what you want. omni gives your a URL, please provide it.

Thanks!
Leigh

Ezra Kissel

Feb 23, 2015, 11:49:29 AM2/23/15
On 2/23/2015 11:43 AM, Leigh Stoller wrote:
>> One node got the /dev/xvdc block device with 30G, the other got 8G for some reason. Any ideas? Manifest attached for slice idms-ig-utah2
>
> Hi. No idea, not without a pointer to the specific sliver that failed
> to do what you want. omni gives your a URL, please provide it.

https://www.utahddc.geniracks.net/showslicepub.php?publicid=adf8899f2222b8629e39a23434e73097

urn:publicid:IDN+utahddc.geniracks.net+sliver+36412

Leigh Stoller

Feb 23, 2015, 12:56:22 PM2/23/15
to protoge...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. Odd bug, not sure how it got there yet. Can you kill this
sliver please, I want to see what happens when it tries to destroy
the lvms.

Leigh

Ezra Kissel

Feb 23, 2015, 1:24:06 PM2/23/15
On 2/23/2015 12:56 PM, Leigh Stoller wrote:
>> https://www.utahddc.geniracks.net/showslicepub.php?publicid=adf8899f2222b8629e39a23434e73097
>>
>> urn:publicid:IDN+utahddc.geniracks.net+sliver+36412
>
> Thanks. Odd bug, not sure how it got there yet. Can you kill this
> sliver please, I want to see what happens when it tries to destroy
> the lvms.

It's going down now.

Leigh Stoller

Feb 23, 2015, 1:28:08 PM2/23/15
to protoge...@googlegroups.com
> It's going down now.

Thanks. I will continue to investigate but if you recreate the sliver, I
think it will work this time.

Leigh

Ezra Kissel

Feb 23, 2015, 4:52:49 PM2/23/15
On 2/23/2015 1:28 PM, Leigh Stoller wrote:
>> It's going down now.
>
> Thanks. I will continue to investigate but if you recreate the sliver, I
> think it will work this time.

I submitted a couple more attempts and the actual storage size has been
correct.

thanks,
- ezra