Need help debugging a link

Chang Liu

Jun 15, 2015, 8:11:47 PM6/15/15
to protoge...@googlegroups.com
Hi, all

I met this problem that I had reserved two slices from a instageni rank. This two slices are directly connected by a link. However the link works only from one side. So when node #1 send packets to node #2, node #2 can receive the packets, but when sending packets from node #2 to node #1, nothing happened.

I am wondering if any one had met similar problems before? And what could the reason? Thanks in advance.

Best
Chang

Nicholas Bastin

Jun 15, 2015, 9:42:07 PM6/15/15
On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 7:11 PM, Chang Liu <gaust...@gmail.com> wrote:
I met this problem that I had reserved two slices from a instageni rank. This two slices are directly connected by a link. However the link works only from one side. So when node #1 send packets to node #2, node #2 can receive the packets, but when sending packets from node #2 to node #1, nothing happened.

How did you create a link between two slices?

--
Nick

Chang Liu

Jun 15, 2015, 10:34:48 PM6/15/15
to protoge...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Nick,

Sorry my bad. I mean a link between two VMs in one slice. So when vm #1 send packets to vm #2, vm #2 can receive the packets, but when sending packets from vm #2 to vm #1, nothing happened. I used jFed to reserve the resources. Thanks.

Best
Chang

Nicholas Bastin

Jun 15, 2015, 10:39:02 PM6/15/15
On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 9:34 PM, Chang Liu <gaust...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sorry my bad. I mean a link between two VMs in one slice. So when vm #1 send packets to vm #2, vm #2 can receive the packets, but when sending packets from vm #2 to vm #1, nothing happened. I used jFed to reserve the resources. Thanks.

I can imagine a number of ways this might be possible, but certainly none of them should occur in typical configurations.

Can you send a copy of your manifest?

--
Nick

Chang Liu

Jun 15, 2015, 10:46:25 PM6/15/15
to protoge...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Nick,

The topology I reserved is rather big (97 links and 46 VMs), and only one link in it has this kind of problem, which is the link 44 (between node sw12 and node sw22). I attached the manifest below. Thank you for your help.

Best
Chang

my.rspec