Re: flack problem

Augusto Juvenal Fonseca Giles Costa

Oct 7, 2014, 6:42:03 PM10/7/14
to protogeni-users
Hi guys,
I'm having a problem with flack and genidesktop.In flack,
when I choose a resource, the following messageis shown (attached).
If I ignore this message and submit the slice, log in genidesktop, and ask to instrumentize the slice, the geni desktop interface shows only an empty map.

Does anyone have an idea of why this is happening?

Best regards,
problem.jpg

Hussamuddin Nasir

Oct 8, 2014, 8:57:00 AM10/8/14
to protoge...@googlegroups.com
Hi Augusto,
  Let address the FLACK issue first. Did you create/upload ssh keys into your emulab account before using FLACK. The message in FLACK indicates that you have not done so. If thats the case then even though you choose to ignore this message, your resources that come up may be useless to you since you cannot login to them . Can you please indicate what AM you used to create your slivers, your slice name  ?
cheers,

Hussam
(Hussamuddin Nasir)

Netlab Operations Team

Laboratory for Adv. Networking  Phone  : (859)218-0059
James F Hardymon Building       Fax    : (859)323-3740
301 Rose Street, Rm 237         E-mail : na...@netlab.uky.edu
Lexington, KY 40506-0495        Web    : http://www.netlab.uky.edu

                        University of Kentucky

Augusto Juvenal Fonseca Giles Costa

Oct 8, 2014, 3:21:15 PM10/8/14
to protoge...@googlegroups.com, na...@netlab.uky.edu
Thanks Hussam!

I uploaded my ssh key (which was generated on emulab.net) and Flack created the slice without any error messages.

After that, I tried again in genidesktop, but now I can't pass the "show checked slices" button. An "ERROR" is shown in the Status of my slice saying "ssh_error - Authentication forpvcm522-4.emulab.net at port 22 Failed"

I'm using the utahemulab AM, the slice name is "myslice", and my user name is "agiles".

Best regards,

Hussamuddin Nasir

Oct 8, 2014, 6:41:03 PM10/8/14
to protoge...@googlegroups.com
Hi ,
 I think we have found the issue. I should be fixed tomorrow . I will let you know when its ready.

cheers,

Hussam
(Hussamuddin Nasir)

Netlab Operations Team

Laboratory for Adv. Networking  Phone  : (859)218-0059
James F Hardymon Building       Fax    : (859)323-3740
301 Rose Street, Rm 237         E-mail : na...@netlab.uky.edu
Lexington, KY 40506-0495        Web    : http://www.netlab.uky.edu

                        University of Kentucky
                        **********************

Hussamuddin Nasir

Oct 9, 2014, 2:02:54 PM10/9/14
to aj...@cin.ufpe.br, protoge...@googlegroups.com
Hi Augusto,
 I believe we have fixed this issue now. In your case, you may have to do a small operation to fix this.

1. Select the slice in the Genidesktop
2. In the dropdown below, select "Update Access" action and then Click Apply. This should then after a few minutes of polling should fix your issue.

cheers,

Hussam
(Hussamuddin Nasir)

Netlab Operations Team

Laboratory for Adv. Networking  Phone  : (859)218-0059
James F Hardymon Building       Fax    : (859)323-3740
301 Rose Street, Rm 237         E-mail : na...@netlab.uky.edu
Lexington, KY 40506-0495        Web    : http://www.netlab.uky.edu

                        University of Kentucky
                        **********************

Augusto Juvenal Fonseca Giles Costa

Oct 10, 2014, 5:09:32 PM10/10/14
to protoge...@googlegroups.com, aj...@cin.ufpe.br, na...@netlab.uky.edu
Dear Hussam,
Indeed, It's working!
Than you very much.

Best regards.

Augusto Juvenal Fonseca Giles Costa

Oct 13, 2014, 7:47:20 PM10/13/14
to protoge...@googlegroups.com, aj...@cin.ufpe.br, na...@netlab.uky.edu
Hi Hussam,
I've a new problem. This time in the genidesktop application.
After create my slice in flack, I try to conect into a GN by ssh (via putty)
but I can't. I had tried by the ssh in the application too but without success.
Oh, every time that I enter in the genidesktop application in the Toggle Logic View
is shown (in the lower left corner) as the GN is off... and I can't see the hostname
by this screen to, I have to click in the Toggle Geographic View after clicked ind Toggle Info View.

Hussamuddin Nasir

Oct 13, 2014, 9:56:32 PM10/13/14
to protoge...@googlegroups.com, aj...@cin.ufpe.br
SSH into the GN Node via the genidesktop is not allowed. You can ssh using putty though. That should work.

Regarding not seeing the hostname for the GN in the genidesktop is a bug that will be fixed by Friday.