Postboot Script does not Execute on Node with Public IP

1 view

Divyashri Bhat

Jun 5, 2014, 5:39:40 PM6/5/14
to geni-...@googlegroups.com, protoge...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have a topology with 5 nodes, all of which use customized Ubuntu 12.04 images. Four of these images are the same and one is a customize image with Ubuntu 12.04 and OVS. I tried the following scenarios:

a) Reservation with no Routable Control IP for any of the nodes.
- The slice comes up and I can run experiments as desired.

b) Reservation with Routable Control IP for one OVS VM ONLY
- The slice comes up with a routable control IP as requested and I am also able to login to all VMs. However, it seems like the postboot scripts are not executed.

The tag I used to request for routable IP:
<emulab:routable_control_ip xmlns:emulab="http://www.protogeni.net/resources/rspec/ext/emulab/1"/>

The install and execute services for this VM are:

<services>
    <execute command="sudo sh /gimidev/gimibot.sh" shell="sh"/>
    <execute command="sudo wget http://emmy9.casa.umass.edu/GEC-20/fdb.rb -P /root/; sudo wget http://emmy9.casa.umass.edu/GEC-20/learning-switch.rb -P /root/; sudo chmod +x /root/fdb.rb; sudo chmod +x /root/learning-switch.rb" shell="sh"/>
    <install install_path="/" url="http://emmy9.casa.umass.edu/GEC-20/gimidev.tar.gz"/>
 </services>

The script is downloaded onto the VM but has not executed. For making this reservation I used the NorthWestern IG rack through Flack. The RSpec is attached here.

Thank you,
--
Regards,
Divyashri Bhat

Leigh Stoller

Jun 9, 2014, 3:54:58 PM6/9/14
to geni-...@googlegroups.com, protoge...@googlegroups.com
> b) Reservation with Routable Control IP for one OVS VM ONLY
> - The slice comes up with a routable control IP as requested and I am also able to login to all VMs. However, it seems like the postboot scripts are not executed.

Hi. Is this sliver still active? If not, can you try it again
and send word when it fails? Be sure to tell us the slice name
and the aggregate on which it fails.

Thanks!
Leigh