RSpec equivalent of native rtproto

Brecht Vermeulen

Aug 6, 2015, 9:20:57 AM8/6/15
to protoge...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

in native emulab ns scripts, users can set rtproto to turn on or off
automatic routing installation
(https://wiki.emulab.net/wiki/Tutorial#section-20).

Is there an equivalent through RSpecs ?
(specifically to turn it off - to manual)

The problem is the addition of an automatic 10.0.0.0/8 route that we
want to avoid.
The start up commands are executed later, and our user has already lost
connectivity to boss at that point so that the start up command
(containing a specific route) is not executed.

If it is not yet possible, is it much work to add it to RSpecs ?
(some users are also surprised by automatic route configuration)

extract of /var/emulab/logs/bootsetup.debug:
Checking Testbed route configuration ...
net.ipv4.conf.all.forwarding = 1
Checking Testbed tunnel configuration ...
Checking Testbed interface configuration ...
SIOCGMIIPHY on 'eth1' failed: Operation not supported
Checking Testbed hostnames configuration ...
Checking Testbed storage configuration ...
Checking Testbed trace configuration ...
Checking Testbed trafgen configuration ...
Checking Testbed Tarball configuration ...
Checking Testbed RPM configuration ...
gethostbyname(UNKNOWN) failed
TMCC exited with status 256!
Skipping nodechecks tmcc does not support hwinfo
Starting linktest daemon
*** ERROR: linktest daemon failed to start. Status: 15
Informing Emulab Control that we are up and running

thanks,
Brecht

Leigh Stoller

Aug 6, 2015, 9:29:32 AM8/6/15
to protoge...@googlegroups.com
> If it is not yet possible, is it much work to add it to RSpecs ?
> (some users are also surprised by automatic route configuration)

Hi. Its an easy addition to the code. It probably belongs in the
Emulab extension, so if Jon would add it to the schema, I will make
the change to the code.

Leigh