Could not bring up image

Divyashri Bhat

Oct 14, 2014, 5:38:53 PM10/14/14
to protoge...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I just created two images in Flack and made sure I selected the 'Global' flag while creating them. However, I am unable to bring up the image in any other rack other than the one it was created.

The image details are:

Task encountered a fault: Error: Could not setup images:
*** image_import:

The images are:

--
Regards,
Divyashri Bhat

Niky Riga

Oct 14, 2014, 5:54:32 PM10/14/14
to protoge...@googlegroups.com
HI Divya,

For some reason, the flag is ignored and don't know how to fix this either other than use omni to take your snapshot. This has worked for me:
http://groups.geni.net/geni/wiki/HowTo/ManageCustomImagesInstaGENI

Also before you take the snapshot edit this file:
/etc/ssh/sshd_config and remove the ports in the end. You won't be able to login to your host
unless you make sure you preserve the port you are using to login. I don't think this is important
since after you snapshot the node you can just bring up another copy of it.

Good luck,
niky

Divyashri Bhat

Oct 14, 2014, 7:41:14 PM10/14/14
to protoge...@googlegroups.com
Hi Niky,

Thank you so much!!! This worked for me. I will continue to do it this way.