ProtobufStreamObjectSource

Sanjana Gupta

Jul 12, 2021, 6:14:21 PM7/12/21
to Protocol Buffers
Hi,

I want to use ProtobufStreamObjectSource in a project.
I am a little confused about the type.pb.h and type_info.h files.
Is this an example class (ProtobufStreamObjectSource) that uses type.pb.h and type_info.h as example case and I should implement my own extension of the ObjectSource class for my own protobuff message or is the generic and can consume and protobuf message.

Thanks,
Sanjana

Sanjana Gupta

Jul 12, 2021, 6:24:17 PM7/12/21
to Protocol Buffers
I actually found this in the comments:
"This implementation uses a google.protobuf.Type for tag and name lookup."

Which implies I can write my own extension similar to this for my own message type it seems.

Sanjana Gupta

Jul 12, 2021, 6:32:59 PM7/12/21
to Protocol Buffers
But actually, the unit tests make me think otherwise. They use a variety of different messages in the tests.