Show: Papers covering Protocol Buffers

Juan Cruz Viotti

Jan 13, 2022, 4:06:34 PMJan 13
to Protocol Buffers
Hey there!

As part of my MSc dissertation at University of Oxford, I wrote and published two papers covering the characteristics of various binary serialization formats, including Protocol Buffers v3 and performing a space-efficiency benchmark, respectively.

Sharing them here in case anybody finds them interesting! The first paper explains how Protocol Buffers Binary Wire Format works including an annotated hexadecimal example and the second compares Protocol Buffers to various other popular serialization formats.

- A Survey of JSON-compatible Binary Serialization Specifications: https://arxiv.org/abs/2201.02089
A Benchmark of JSON-compatible Binary Serialization Specifications: https://arxiv.org/abs/2201.03051

All the best!