Protobuf crash on launching ios app

ching-yen lin

May 13, 2024, 6:09:59 AMMay 13
to Protocol Buffers
Hi

I have a problem on running protobuf on the iOS app.
It crash after open the app on TestFlight but not in development.
(it was crashing in development before I update iOS)
I want to ask if everyone else see this before and help me up.

Here are some info
**What version of protobuf and what language are you using?**
Version: 26.1 latest
Language: C++
(it was happen on the 21.4 and I update it to 26.1)

**What operating system (Linux, Windows, ...) and version?**
iOS 17.4.1

**What runtime / compiler are you using (e.g., python version or gcc version)**
apple clang on Xcode 15.3
it is built as lib(.a) and include in the project

**What did you do?**
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
1. download the app from TestFlight
2. open the app
3. crash

**Anything else we should know about your project / environment**
It is Unreal project 5.3.1

call stack
截圖 2024-05-13 下午5.38.44.png

This is the call stack that I comment out the SharedDtor(); in ~FileDescriptorProto()
截圖 2024-05-13 下午5.41.44.png

I add some defines to compile the protobuf to lib
#define ABSL_INTERNAL_HAS_RTTI 0
#define PROTOBUF_BUILTIN_ATOMIC 0
#define PROTOBUF_ENABLE_DEBUG_LOGGING_MAY_LEAK_PII 0

Thanks