Integrated support with SQL

Vikram Gopali

Oct 4, 2022, 4:35:47 PMOct 4
to Protocol Buffers
Hi Team,
Most of the time me and my peers, spend a lot of time creating protos for the entities/tables in database and auto converters for the same which seems to be repetitive work (with different field names). I wanted to know if we can provide support for generation of proto file based on the sql script for creating tables which the developer can modify to their need. It would parse the script and generate equivalent protos. With a configurable file, the names of the protos, location of the protos could be configured. This will save a lot of development time for developers. I am working with AppsFramework and MySQL but if this can be generalized to other databases I believe it would help. Any thoughts on the same?
(Open for a 20% project contribution for the same)

Thank you,