How to convert YAML to protobuf message in C++ or Python

Evan Lu

Jun 6, 2022, 6:14:27 PM6/6/22
to Protocol Buffers
Hi,

I am trying to read YAML file with protobuf as schema. I can use some YAML library to read file into some object. How can I convert it to protobuf message then?

I dig down the codes on converting json to message but could not find any helpful public API.

Any suggestion? Thanks ahead!

Deanna Garcia

Aug 1, 2022, 2:03:52 PM8/1/22
to Protocol Buffers
Unfortunately we do not have tooling to support converting to/from YAML.

You could do some research to see if there are any third-party solutions or you could write your own (if you do it would be wonderful if you could contribute it to the protobuf repository!)