Protobuf dependencies on absl

Szabolcs Lenart

Mar 23, 2023, 1:10:58 PM3/23/23
to Protocol Buffers
Hello Everyone!

Building protobuf generates in lib folder:
  • (1) protobuf libs - libprotoc, libprotobuf-lite, libprotobuf
  • (2) utf8_validity, utf8_range libs
  • (3) absl libs - 83 libs
When using protobuf for a C++ project in Visual Studio I have to link (of course) the main library (libprotobuf) and to link the helper libs. My question is:

We need all the libraries - (2) and (3) - from lib folder linked?
If not, there is a published list of libs needed to be linked?  It is not easy to add one by one the libs, because you have to search every missing method's location - it would be great to know the list dependencies.

Thank you,
Szabolcs