Missing commits

Mark Fine

Jul 28, 2021, 12:13:25 PM7/28/21
to prot...@googlegroups.com
One of our internal projects that brings in https://github.com/google/protobuf as a submodule started finding missing commits from the repository:

Similarly, looking at the grpc project, the protocol buffers commits from the past couple of releases can't be found - head of the repository is pointing at:

previous release was pointing at:

Is there something happening with the protocol buffers repository?

Mark

Derek Perez

Jul 28, 2021, 2:07:36 PM7/28/21
to Mark Fine, Protocol Buffers
We accidentally deleted a bunch of (non-master) branches but did some disaster recovery to put them all back together. This happened around February iirc. I'm not sure what the best resolution is for submodules, can you re-add it and see if it fixes itself?

Adam Cozzette

Jul 29, 2021, 4:56:01 PM7/29/21
to Mark Fine, prot...@googlegroups.com
The google/protobuf repo is supposed to redirect to our new location of protocolbuffers/protobuf, but I believe there was some kind of mixup and the redirect broke yesterday. It should be fixed now, but let us know if you still have any issues.