Nested Value() and adding data to it

Calicoder

Jan 13, 2022, 3:11:56 PM1/13/22
to Protocol Buffers
Howdy, been wondering if this is possible as looking at the official Google Protobuf docs is not showing if it is. I did find the Value() constructor part and I know I can use the various add_ methods to populate it but is this possible to make a detailed value_map with a key string and have another value_map inside that with a key value pair? So basically a nested Value map?

Appreciate the help, thanks!

Adam Cozzette

Jan 14, 2022, 2:23:57 PM1/14/22
to Calicoder, Protocol Buffers
There is no built-in support for nested maps, so for example map<string, map<string, Value>> is not a valid field type. However you can accomplish something roughly equivalent by using something like map<string, MyMap> where MyMap is just a message containing a map.

On Thu, Jan 13, 2022 at 12:11 PM Calicoder <draz...@gmail.com> wrote:
Howdy, been wondering if this is possible as looking at the official Google Protobuf docs is not showing if it is. I did find the Value() constructor part and I know I can use the various add_ methods to populate it but is this possible to make a detailed value_map with a key string and have another value_map inside that with a key value pair? So basically a nested Value map?

Appreciate the help, thanks!

Calicoder

Jan 15, 2022, 12:21:46 PM1/15/22
to Protocol Buffers