Parsing Primitives in Python

Filip Kral

Jan 25, 2022, 5:46:18 AM1/25/22
to Protocol Buffers
Hello, I have a proto file which I want to read in Python. I understand the structure of the file and I need to read some primitive types form it. I thought I could find something like the C# class ParsingPrimitives.cs, ideally with public interface, and in Python, but I cannot find anything like that.

Is there such a thing?
Do you see any alternative solutions?
Many thanks,
Filip Kral.

Deanna Garcia

Jan 25, 2022, 8:20:55 PM1/25/22
to Protocol Buffers
I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to do. For more information on how Protobuf parses/serializes messages take a look at this guide. If you're trying to access the fields of a message, you can use the message's descriptor