'_MultiThreadedRendezvous' object has no attribute 'DESCRIPTOR'

Erin Knochenhauer

Mar 6, 2023, 6:17:40 PM3/6/23
to Protocol Buffers
Hello,

I am new to gRPC and am having some issues converting my API message to a dictionary format via MessageToDict() method.

I can successfully print out responses, but see the following error when trying to return MessageToDict(response) for downstream processing:
message_descriptor = message.DESCRIPTOR
AttributeError: '_MultiThreadedRendezvous' object has no attribute 'DESCRIPTOR'

I attempted to downgrade the version of protobuf to 3.20.0, but it didn't seem to help.

Does anyone know why this might be happening? Thanks!!

Erin

Here is the pip freeze for my virtual env for reference:
googleapis-common-protos==1.58.0
grpcio==1.51.3
name-agent-api==4.71620.0
numpy==1.24.2