roadmap for protobuf rust

Kim DongKyu

May 2, 2024, 9:54:29 PMMay 2
to Protocol Buffers
Hello,

I am reaching out to inquire about the current progress on the protobuf implementation for Rust. Could you please provide any available roadmap information or updates on this project?

Thank you for your assistance.

Marko Kimpel

May 3, 2024, 8:41:16 AMMay 3
to Kim DongKyu, Protocol Buffers
We are working on a Protobuf Rust implementation this year. It will be published under https://crates.io/crates/protobuf. The ongoing work is visible at https://github.com/protocolbuffers/protobuf/tree/main/rust. We currently don't have any firm timelines to share for when the Rust Protobuf implementation will be officially supported and published as a crate.

Scott Beeker

May 3, 2024, 12:46:20 PMMay 3
to Protocol Buffers
Thank you!

Dong-Kyu Kim

May 7, 2024, 9:13:01 AMMay 7
to Marko Kimpel, Protocol Buffers
I'm glad to hear that RUST is officially supported, although the timeline doesn't allow me to incorporate it into my current project.

Thanks for letting us know.

2024년 5월 3일 (금) 오후 9:41, Marko Kimpel <mki...@google.com>님이 작성:

Amelia

May 7, 2024, 1:57:04 PMMay 7
to Protocol Buffers
Hi Marko,

Is there a possibility for an open beta of sorts? So that folks using third-party implementations, like prost, could test the official implementation to gauge things like the effort to migrate and/or provide feedback?

Thanks!