Storing value in proto file

Abhilash Abbas

Feb 2, 2023, 6:50:08 AM2/2/23
to Protocol Buffers
Is it possible to store data for proto defined in .proto file in same or another .proto file itself?

sh...@google.com

Feb 2, 2023, 1:50:45 PM2/2/23
to Protocol Buffers
Can you provide more details of what you're achieving? Did you mean to store actual data (binary format, text format) in .proto files (i.e. in proto schema)? If so, it is possible that you can put data as texts e.g. in option values, but IMO it can become confusing to put data into schema.

Abhilash Abbas

Feb 3, 2023, 12:56:39 AM2/3/23
to Protocol Buffers
yes, I do mean store actual data, not just the structure defined in .proto. I want to store the value in that structure in .proto itself. If it is possible, how can i achieve it then?