Codebase Brief Walkthrough

Rishav Shandilya

Aug 6, 2022, 3:42:58 PM8/6/22
to Protocol Buffers
Hey Everyone,

I have been using Protobuf for quite sometime now and I am really interested in going through the codebase to see how it works internally.

  • Can somebody please help me out with this?
  • Also, what's the entry point of the code for protoc?

Matthew Fowles Kulukundis

Aug 8, 2022, 7:34:49 PM8/8/22
to Rishav Shandilya, Protocol Buffers
Rishav~

Protobuf has a long history so its code is not particularly nice to browse.  If you are simply curious, I would suggest you look at https://github.com/protocolbuffers/upb which has a much cleaner overall structure.

Matt

Rishav Shandilya

Aug 9, 2022, 3:41:34 PM8/9/22
to Protocol Buffers