Is it possible to generate Sorbet enums from a protobuf?

Chris Nakamura

Nov 30, 2021, 12:31:47 PM11/30/21
to Protocol Buffers
The protobuf docs mention the following:

> Since Ruby does not have native enums, we create a module for each enum with constants to define the values. Given the .proto file:

However, it is possible to define enums in ruby with Sorbet. Is it possible to automatically generate sorbet enums from a proto file, instead of passing around symbols and ints?

Thanks!

Derek Perez

Nov 30, 2021, 12:55:11 PM11/30/21
to Chris Nakamura, Protocol Buffers