protogen - creating python code from a go plugin?

Steve Simon

Oct 24, 2022, 4:37:49 AM10/24/22
to Protocol Buffers
Hi.

We use protobufs with NATS and have added structured comments to our .proto files to describe the NATS topic and transaction style we use for a particular protobuf Message.

I have a protogen plugin to generate RPC stubs for go but we would like to generate similar RPCs for python (for our QA dept).

Am I foolish to try to generate python code from the a go protogen plugin, there are some assumptions in the code that I am generating Go code in the library [1]?

The only reason I am not generating python from protogen-python is I would prefer not to have two implementations of the structured comment parsing and validation code.

Thanks for any help,

-Steve