Issue 232 in protobuf-dt: Would be nice to be able to disable plug-in for certain projects

proto...@googlecode.com

Nov 17, 2012, 2:50:44 PM11/17/12
to proto...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 232 by dhumen...@gmail.com: Would be nice to be able to disable
plug-in for certain projects
http://code.google.com/p/protobuf-dt/issues/detail?id=232

What steps will reproduce the problem?
n/a

No errors detected from proto files I don't care about. Instead I have to
fix/ignore warnings in projects that happen to contain proto files. I have
multiple projects in my Eclipse workspace. Some have proto files that I
want to edit. Other projects don't have any, but I still have to look at
the warnings. Would be nice to be able to disable building/parsing of
proto files in certain projects. I tried disabling the xText builder for
certain projects, but that didn't seem to help.

1.3.3.201210291557

I tried to fix the errors by updating the include paths, but some couldn't
be fixed. Really I don't care about this files. As you can see it is just
the protobuf source itself.

Remaining errors:

Description Resource Path Location Type
Couldn't resolve reference to ComplexType 'FileDescriptorProto'.
plugin.proto <proj>/tools/protobuf-2.4.1/src/google/protobuf/compiler line:
72 <proj>/tools/protobuf-2.4.1/src/google/protobuf/compiler/plugin.proto
Protocol Buffer Problem
Couldn't resolve reference to ComplexType 'FileDescriptorProto'.
plugin.proto <proj>/tools/protobuf-2.4.1/src/google/protobuf/compiler line:
72 <proj>/tools/protobuf-2.4.1/src/google/protobuf/compiler/plugin.proto
Protocol Buffer Problem

proto...@googlecode.com

Dec 3, 2012, 4:42:25 PM12/3/12
to proto...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 232 by den...@dennisobrien.net: Would be nice to be
able to disable plug-in for certain projects
http://code.google.com/p/protobuf-dt/issues/detail?id=232

In addition to enabling/disabling the plug-in by project, it would be nice
to be able to point it to the directories with the project protos and have
all others ignored.

Because we have a project that has the protobuf source (including proto
files) there are a lot of error messages generated.

proto...@googlecode.com

Dec 5, 2012, 4:47:01 PM12/5/12
to proto...@googlegroups.com
Updates:
Owner: alr...@google.com
Labels: -Priority-Medium Priority-High OpSys-All Milestone-Release-1.3.4

Comment #2 on issue 232 by alr...@google.com: Would be nice to be able to
disable plug-in for certain projects
http://code.google.com/p/protobuf-dt/issues/detail?id=232

proto...@googlecode.com

Sep 5, 2014, 10:37:58 AM9/5/14
to proto...@googlegroups.com

Comment #3 on issue 232 by mike.z...@intelerad.com: Would be nice to be
able to disable plug-in for certain projects
https://code.google.com/p/protobuf-dt/issues/detail?id=232

I have the same issue, using version 2.4.1.

I need plugin, so I did following, works:

72c72
< repeated google.protobuf.FileDescriptorProto proto_file = 15;
---
> repeated FileDescriptorProto proto_file = 15;

issue notifications to this address.