Issue 248 in protobuf-dt: editing causes annoying popup warning dialog

proto...@googlecode.com

Feb 10, 2015, 2:19:24 PM2/10/15
to proto...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 248 by borkh...@gmail.com: editing causes annoying popup warning
dialog
https://code.google.com/p/protobuf-dt/issues/detail?id=248

What steps will reproduce the problem?

1. Open a .proto file in the editor
2. Edit the file with several keystrokes

A dialog box pops up saying "The resource is currently edited in another
editor, do you want to continue?"

This is on Eclipse 4.4. I didn't have any issues with 4.3

I found this related issue indicating it's probably the result of using
xtext 2.7. https://github.com/vtst/ow/issues/240

issue notifications to this address.

proto...@googlecode.com

Sep 22, 2015, 8:54:28 AM9/22/15
to proto...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 248 by damiaa...@gmail.com: editing causes annoying
Had this same problem. I created a new protobuf editor implementation
(called Protolipse) for Eclipse 4.5 with Xtext 2.8, which doesn't have this
problem. Maybe you could try it out:
https://github.com/dvdkruk/protolipse/releases/tag/0.0.1

proto...@googlecode.com

Sep 29, 2015, 10:04:49 AM9/29/15
to proto...@googlegroups.com

proto...@googlecode.com

Sep 29, 2015, 7:30:34 PM9/29/15
to proto...@googlegroups.com

Comment #3 on issue 248 by d...@drewcox.com: editing causes annoying popup
warning dialog
https://code.google.com/p/protobuf-dt/issues/detail?id=248

I also see this constantly on Eclipse 4.5.0 and editor 1.4.1.201306170929

proto...@googlecode.com

Oct 13, 2015, 6:20:44 AM10/13/15
to proto...@googlegroups.com

Comment #4 on issue 248 by daniel.a...@ist.utl.pt: editing causes annoying
I was having the same problem and after updating the problem was gone. Or
at least appears to be working now. Currently: Eclipse 4.4.2. Protocol
Buffer Editor updated to 1.4.3. Xtext 2.4.2.

(Xtext was removed during the protobuf update so I reinstalled it and it
wanted 2.4.2 to be compatible.)

proto...@googlecode.com

Nov 13, 2015, 4:33:20 AM11/13/15
to proto...@googlegroups.com

Comment #5 on issue 248 by simone.d...@gmail.com: editing causes annoying
I experienced the same problem with:
* Eclipse mars 4.5.1
* protobuf-dt 1.5.3
* Xtext 2.8.4

I solved uninstalling both protobuf-dt and Xtext and then reinstalling them
following the steps below:
# install
[http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/download.php?file=/modeling/tmf/xtext/downloads/drops/2.6.1/R201406120726/tmf-xtext-Update-2.6.1.zip
Xtext 2.6.1] All-in-one solution from:
http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/tmf/downloads/index.php?project=xtext&showAll=1
# Install protobuf-dt 1.5.3 from Matketpale
https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/protobuf-dt or using the following
update site: http://junit.github.io/protobuf-dt/git/update-site/site.xml
# Optionalling unistalling all the Xtext (Xtend) plugin installed with the
all-in-one solution that are not needed for protobuf-dt funcitoning. The
only needed one is Xtext Runtime