- Long COVID Has Forced a Reckoning for One of Medicine’s Most Neglected Diseases

1 view

Sean Strub

Sep 27, 2022, 1:48:19 PM9/27/22
to Protect Pike Listserve

Karen Haycox

Sep 27, 2022, 2:53:49 PM9/27/22
to Sean Strub, Protect Pike Listserve
I'm curious about the different methodologies using the traditional swab tests. I've read conflicting points of view -- some on social media/some off -- regarding the efficacy of adding throat/cheek swabbing when using at-home COVID swab kits.

I have been traveling in different groups lately and so have taken to doing the tests regularly -- I've stayed with the as-directed-on-the-box approach, nasal-swabbing only -- but is there a definitive point of view on this yet?  thanks any/all,

Karen

On Tue, Sep 27, 2022 at 1:48 PM Sean Strub <sean....@gmail.com> wrote:
--
The Milford Covid 19 Volunteer Task Force works to educate our community and encourage social distancing and other practices that will reduce the risk of Covid 19 transmission. Anyone is welcome to join this google group listserve by emailing a request to Prote...@gmail.com. Information provided through the listserv is not authorized or vetted by any governmental agency unless explicitly stated.
---

--
Karen Haycox     mobile: 313-909-6118

Scott Aronin

Sep 28, 2022, 10:25:34 PM9/28/22
to Karen Haycox, Sean Strub, Protect Pike Listserve
There is evidence for saliva and/or throat swabs since Omicron has been the dominant variant. There's more virus and sooner in these areas in infected people.
The first link is a pre-print study. The NY Times article links a couple of more studies.
I've been swabbing first throat and then nose since early in Omicron's dominant phase.