Flat fee for speaking?

Maria Marsala

Oct 4, 2008, 2:39:36 PM10/4/08
to Professional Speaker to Speaker
Because I enjoy staying longer in places I speak, I'm realizing that
more and more often I prefer to do my own travel arrangements.

I'm wondering if those of you who have a flat fee for travel, meals,
etc. can share how you figured out what fee to charge.

My speaking is usually done in the USA and Canada.

Of course comments are appreciated on doing this -- pros and cons
you've experienced.

Thanks in advance for sharing.

To your success,
Maria Marsala, CBC

Chief Business Collaborator, Informational Speaker,
Author and former Wall Street Trader

Collaborating with USA-based B2B service sector CEOs, presidents, and
teams
to clarify focus, stay in complete alignment, and achieve better
results! Providing
performance improvement and change management coaching, consulting,
and
training.

(360) 271-8418 (425) 440-9659
http://www.ElevatingYourBusiness.com
Elevating Your Business
National Office: 19906 Hamilton CT NE Suite A
Poulsbo, WA 98370-8757

Elevating Your Business Companies include:

** Business Coaching, Consulting & Training: http://www.ElevatingYourBusiness.com
** Millionaire Business Mastermind: http://www.BusinessCoachPlus.com
** Elevating Your Business University: http://www.ElevatingYourBusinessU.com
** Blog: http://www.MarketingWithIntegrity.com

Shel Horowitz, Ethical Marketing Expert

Oct 11, 2008, 3:43:41 PM10/11/08
to Professional Speaker to Speaker
Maria,

I also like to actually explore a place when I go to speak. I often
let the meeting planner handle travel, but I pick the arrival and
departure days (and approve the itinerary). I let them pay for my
plane and the nights of lodging I'd have needed if their event were
all I was doing. And I figure in a cushion-; I do not want to fly in
the morning and speak that afternoon, too much chance of plane delays,
and high stress even if the flight is on time. So I always need the
night before, and if it's an afternoon or evening, the night after as
well. If it's a multiday conference, I usually ask them to put me up
for the duration of the conference, and attend/participate if it's of
interest.

I also make my travel experiences much more enjoyable by staying in
private homes, at no cost, through Servas (http://www.servas.org), and
by offering meeting planners the option of putting me up at a non-
smoking member's home.

Maria Marsala, Motivational Speaker, Business Strategist, Author

Oct 11, 2008, 10:22:17 PM10/11/08
to prosp...@googlegroups.com
I haven't done it myself, but heard of this organization, too.
www.Couchsurfing.com I'm going to try it next time a Chamber
asks me to speak and thinks $100 will get me a hotel room in the
Seattle metro area :)

I have heard of one speaker who asks for 10K and takes care of
his expenses in that amount. Wondering if others include their
expenses in their fees and what that flat fee might be that the
figure in.

To your success,
Maria Marsala

Business Strategist, Coach, Speaker, former Wall Street Trader

__

Helping B2B service businesses owners, independent professionals
and
executives who think BIG --  to build bigger, better businesses
-- faster!

(360) 271-8418 Tel

http://www.ElevatingYourBusiness.com
Elevating Your Business
National Office: 19906 Hamilton CT NE Suite A
Poulsbo, WA 98370-8757

P.S. Is your company or organization looking for
a practical motivational speaker for your next
retreat, conference, or teleseminar? If so, visit
http://www.MariaMarsala.com