Burt Dubin's report... read it!

Andrea Reynolds

Dec 23, 2008, 12:24:10 PM12/23/08
to prosp...@googlegroups.com
Yesterday I was talking to one of my author-clients who speaks and he relayed that a bureau owner told him that the reason he wasn't getting any engagements is that because of the economy meeting planners are booking fewer speakers. I don't find that to be completely true. This week I advised a second speaker on the 4 speaking invitations she received, all within 48 hours, for dates between early January and November. All offered a good-sized fee. The difference is the second speaker is actively appearing on national TV with a very specialized expertise. She gets herself media attention and gets booked to speak because organizations want speakers with "celebrity status" who have an unusual message.

At a time when I see many speakers being passive, smart speakers like speaker #2 above (and me, wink) are recognizing there are more opportunities because of the exodus of speakers unwilling to be daring and enterprising.

Burt Dubin added an attachment to his reply to my "CommissionFreeSpeakers.com?" post. There is so much wisdom in his report, Surviving the Slump. If you didn't see it, find it, download it and read it...every page. Then take action.

Andrea
--
Andrea Reynolds (412) 440-3704