Transition stories...

1 view

Maria Marsala

Nov 24, 2008, 8:28:14 PM11/24/08
to Professional Speaker to Speaker
I'd love to hear from those of you who were speaking for free... and
how you ended up getting speaking gigs for more than 1K per hour.

How's you do it!

To your success,
Maria Marsala, CBC

Chief Strategy Officer, Informational Speaker,
Author and former Wall Street Trader

Collaborating with USA-based B2B service sector CEOs, presidents, and
teams
to clarify focus, stay in complete alignment, and achieve better
results! Providing
performance improvement and change management coaching, consulting,
and
training.

(360) 271-8418
(425) 440-9659
http://www.ElevatingYourBusiness.com
Elevating Your Business
National Office: 19906 Hamilton CT NE Suite A
Poulsbo, WA 98370-8757

Elevating Your Business Companies include:

** Elevating Your Business to the next level http://www.ElevatingYourBusiness.com
** Millionaire Business Mastermind: http://www.BusinessCoachPlus.com
** Focused Strategic Business Planning: http://www.BusinessAndMarketingPlan.com
** Virtual Business University: http://www.ElevatingYourBusinessU.com
** Blog: http://www.MarketingWithIntegrity.com

NOTE: The information contained in this electronic message, plus any
attachments, may be confidential and private. It is intended only for
the recipient named. If you receive this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately, and permanently delete it and any
attachments from your system.

Andrea Reynolds

Nov 24, 2008, 10:11:37 PM11/24/08
to prosp...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 8:28 PM, Maria Marsala <theresou...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'd love to hear from those of you who were speaking for free... and
how you ended up getting speaking gigs for more than 1K per hour.
 How's you do it!

I was appearing often on national TV, and several segments I was on won awards for the programs. When I started to receive unsolicited invitations to speak at large conferences I knew I was in a position of strength to ask for more than was offered. I did so well that eventually other speakers asked if I'd handle inquiries for them and get them bigger fees, too. I loved doing that, even more than speaking, and it comes easy to me. It gives me such a lift to get more money for deserving speakers.

Andrea Reynolds, Activist-Speaker, Speaker Advocate