Buster repository?!

Marco Gaiarin

Sep 25, 2022, 1:40:11 PM9/25/22
to prosod...@googlegroups.com

root@vpbxlpb1:~# LANG=C apt-get update
Hit:1 http://deb.debian.org/debian buster-backports InRelease
Hit:2 http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates InRelease
Hit:3 http://ftp.it.debian.org/debian buster InRelease
Hit:4 http://ftp.it.debian.org/debian buster-updates InRelease
Hit:5 http://ftp.it.debian.org/debian bullseye InRelease
Err:6 https://packages.prosody.im/debian buster InRelease
410 Gone [IP: 192.168.1.1 8080]
Reading package lists... Done
E: Failed to fetch https://packages.prosody.im/debian/dists/buster/InRelease 410 Gone [IP: 192.168.1.1 8080]
E: The repository 'https://packages.prosody.im/debian buster InRelease' is no longer signed.
N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.

I've tried to redownload the key, but nothing changed.

Thanks.

--
L'Italia ripudia la guerra come mezzo di risoluzione
delle controversie internazionali. (art. 11 Costituzione)

Kim Alvefur

Sep 25, 2022, 3:28:58 PM9/25/22
to prosod...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Sep 25, 2022 at 07:11:04PM +0200, Marco Gaiarin wrote:
>Err:6 https://packages.prosody.im/debian buster InRelease
> 410 Gone [IP: 192.168.1.1 8080]

Our repository follows Debian and Ubuntu standard support periods and
Debian 10 "buster" is no longer supported by the Debian security teamน
and we have thus disabled it to encourage upgrading.

https://www.debian.org/News/2022/20220910

--
Zash

Marco Gaiarin

Oct 8, 2022, 10:40:10 AM10/8/22
to 'Kim Alvefur' via Prosody IM Users, prosod...@googlegroups.com
Mandi! 'Kim Alvefur' via Prosody IM Users
In chel di` si favelave...

> Our repository follows Debian and Ubuntu standard support periods and
> Debian 10 "buster" is no longer supported by the Debian security team???
> and we have thus disabled it to encourage upgrading.
> ??? https://www.debian.org/News/2022/20220910

Sure, but most if not all of debian buster keep support via the LTS
initiative:

https://wiki.debian.org/LTS/

and as now, 'check-support-status' helper list no prosody dependency as
'unsupported'.

So, it is true that buster is now 'oldstable', but not that «is no longer
supported by the Debian», considering the LTS team/initiative.

--
Mentre Utopia andava via allegramente perche` vedeva il futuro presente
Verita` le sussurrava a capo chino: