Issue mod_admin_web prosody module

Remco Mank

Sep 14, 2022, 7:14:50 AM9/14/22
to Prosody IM Users
We are having an issue with mod_admin_web - Prosody Community Modules 1.
We do a clean install van jitsi meet with prosody. After that we enable the admin_web module.
We create an admin user for the jitsi meet domain. We can login with the admin user to https://jitsi.domain:5281/admin interface. But the general tab is empty. We would expect that we can manage the rooms and users.
Could someone help us to fix this admin_web module?

Florian Zeitz

Sep 14, 2022, 8:16:52 AM9/14/22
to prosod...@googlegroups.com
Am 14.09.22 um 11:45 schrieb 'Remco Mank' via Prosody IM Users:
> We are having an issue with mod_admin_web - Prosody Community Modules 1
> <https://modules.prosody.im/mod_admin_web.html>.

Hi,

I'm the original author of mod_admin_web. I think first it's fair to
note that this module is by now somewhat dated and not actively
developed. It should still work fine though.

> We do a clean install van jitsi meet with prosody. After that we enable
> the admin_web module.
> We create an admin user for the jitsi meet domain. We can login with the
> admin user to https://jitsi.domain:5281/admin
> <https://jitsi.domain:5281/admin> interface. But the general tab is
> empty. We would expect that we can manage the rooms and users.
> Could someone help us to fix this admin_web module?

Since you can log in I suppose you have run the `get_deps.sh` script,
which is otherwise the most common oversight.
The web admin will allow any user to log in, but administrative features
will only be available to admins. This might cause the pane to appear empty.
Is it possible that you have made the user a Jitsi Meet admin, but not a
prosody admin (add them to the admins table in prosody.cfg.lua)?

As mod_admin_web is not related to Jitsi Meet you might not really get
what you came for. User management is available. However, room
management might not exist in the way you had imagined.

Regards,

Florob

Remco Mank

Sep 15, 2022, 2:18:37 AM9/15/22
to prosod...@googlegroups.com
Hi Florob,

Thanks for your answer. Yes get_deps.sh script has been run (so www_files/js files has been modified).
You mention to give my user admin rights by admin table in de prosody.cfg.lua (we do vhosting in conf.d folder and set there the admins).
See https://prosody.im/doc/admins as what you mentioned. Or do you mean something else?

Is there a other way to check admin privileges by the prosody users?
Or is there a way to debug the general tab?

Best regards,

Remco Mank

Remco Mank

Sep 22, 2022, 8:05:15 AM9/22/22
to prosod...@googlegroups.com
Hi Florob,

Is there some debug optie in the admin_web module?

Best regards,
Remco Mank

Remco Mank

Nov 11, 2022, 5:49:43 AM11/11/22