How to configure prosody for freebsd 12-13

tm.y...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2020, 4:52:13 AM6/23/20
to Prosody IM Users
Hi!

I need help with prosody and his config on freebsd.
If I set "restrict_room_creation = true" then admin can't to come in to self room.

Please, help me. You can look my prosody config:

pidfile="/var/run/prosody/prosody.pid";
c2s_ports = { 5222 }
plugin_paths = { "/usr/local/ics/prosody/plugins/" , "/usr/local/ics/prosody/lib/prosody/modules/" }

modules_enabled = {
  "roster";
  "saslauth";
  "dialback";
  "disco";
  "private";
  "vcard";
  "legacyauth";
  "version";
  "uptime";
  "time";
  "ping";
  "pep";
  "adhoc";
  "groups";
  "admin_adhoc";
  "posix";
  "admin_telnet";
  "mam";
};

modules_disabled = {
};

allow_registration = true

authentication = "md5"
log = {
  info = "*syslog";
}

groups_file = "/data/settings/prosody/sharedgroups.txt"
allow_unencrypted_plain_auth = true;
VirtualHost "morty.domain.local"
admins = {"ubu...@morty.domain.local"}

Component "conference.morty.domain.local" "muc"
restrict_room_creation = true

--
-- morty.domain.local

Joseph Ward

Jul 6, 2020, 9:40:45 AM7/6/20
to prosod...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

What are you attempting to achieve?  If you're looking to have the admin able to log in and create a room, but guests only able to join an already existing room, the following instructions helped me achieve that:

https://crosstalksolutions.com/how-to-enable-jitsi-server-authentication/

-Joseph

Тимофей Ёлкин

Jul 6, 2020, 1:46:37 PM7/6/20
to prosod...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you very much, Joseph. But I find my mistake. Trouble was in jabber-client settings.