mod_http_file_share discovery

Mauro Scomparin

May 30, 2022, 6:00:10 AM5/30/22
to Prosody IM Users
Hi, I've installed version 0.12 of prosody on my server and it's pretty cool!

I'm having this issue using the mod_http_file_share module:

I use conversation on android and profanity on linux and for both clients say XEP-0363 is not supported on the server.
The wierd thing is that the file transfer works anyway in conversations while profanity say the server does not support the xep.

Looking at the documentation I've added the component at the end of the configuration file like this:

Component "chatshare.example.tld" "http_file_share"

My chat domain is like "chat.example.tld" and i've configured a DNS A record to point to the same machine and obtained a TLS certificate for it

Adding a discovery item to the VirtualHost makes it appear as supported but the file transfer fails with conversation (didn't try on profanity).

I'm not quite getting what's wrong with my configuration...

Kim Alvefur

May 30, 2022, 9:55:06 AM5/30/22
to prosod...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, May 27, 2022 at 07:26:20AM -0700, Mauro Scomparin wrote:
>Hi, I've installed version 0.12 of prosody on my server and it's pretty
>cool!

Glad to hear!

>I'm having this issue using the mod_http_file_share module:

Prosody makes immediate subdomains discoverable by default, and as you
found out, "chatshare.example.tld" is not a subdomain of "chat.example.tld".

>I'm not quite getting what's wrong with my configuration...

Neither are we, since we can't see your configuration, nor see your
logs, where problems might be reported, unless you show them to us.

With some luck `prosodyctl check` might be able to catch any obvious
configuration mistakes, so try that first.

--
Regards,
Zash