prosody v.0.10 docker does not log to logspout

Simon Hill

Mar 20, 2015, 5:25:43 PM3/20/15
to proso...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to use https://github.com/gliderlabs/logspout to siphon remote prosody docker logs to Paper Trail. I have the config

"*console"; -- Log to the console, useful for debugging with daemonize=false

For some unknown reason, logspout doesn't pick this up. I have a couple of other containers running on this device, which capture fine. so I think it has something to do with prosody.

Is there anything I can do to fix that?

Thanks!
Si

Matthew Wild

Mar 21, 2015, 8:36:47 AM3/21/15
to Prosody IM Developers Group
Try setting the environment variable __FLUSH_LOG=1 before Prosody
starts. Does it help?

Regards,
Matthew

Simon Hill

Mar 21, 2015, 10:09:04 AM3/21/15
to proso...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Matt. It turned out that it had nothing to do with prosody. Logs are capturing fine now.I had a misconfigured log capture filter meant to filter out weave traffic that was also knocking out anything with 'debug' in it. oops.