Create a Prosody plugin to Use auth0

Tarek S

Aug 12, 2020, 4:51:55 PM8/12/20
to prosody-dev
Hello Guys,
I am planning to use converseJS and XMPP server in order to give customers the ability to chat with the customer care team. The issue is that I need to use a Single sign-on approach by sending the JWT token from mthe web application (conversejs) to XMPP, where the XMPP needs to reach out to auth0 server and validate that JWT token, and authenticate users. For that, I think I need to create a plugin which redirects all requests to auth0, and provides the callback url where auth0 needs to authenticate users.
My questions are :
1- Did anybody had this kind of project, so I will not recreate the wheel.
2- is Luna the only scripting language to create prosody plugins?
3- Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Sincerely,
Tarek

JC Brand

Aug 14, 2020, 11:31:03 AM8/14/20
to proso...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tarek

This isn't exactly what you're looking for, but if you have some leeway,
you can instead try token authentication:
https://modules.prosody.im/mod_auth_token.html

I've used that a few times to integrate Converse with SSO into websites.

Another module you can look at is this one:
https://modules.prosody.im/mod_auth_http_cookie.html

It extracts the auth cookie from the request or websocket connection and
then authenticates with that.

Here's a list of all the authentication moduiles:
https://modules.prosody.im/type_auth

Regards
JC
> --