Prosody Debian systemd service file patch

Anon Ymus

Oct 16, 2022, 3:19:00 PM10/16/22
to prosody-dev
Hello,

I would like to propose the following change to the prosody service file for Debian (/lib/systemd/system/prosody.service).

Restart=on-abnormal

should be changed to

Restart=always

This fixes some issue where prosody won´t come up on the very first start. If there aren´t any drawbacks I would appreciate if you could apply this change for the Debian source code.

Thanks & best regards

Anon Ymus

Oct 18, 2022, 11:56:10 AM10/18/22
to prosody-dev
I might have to correct my proposal as the issue seems to be with the pid file on Debian and I hereby want to propose to comment out the definition of the pid-file in the prosody.cfg.lua for Debian as prosody is managed by systemd anyway.