[ANN] Prosody 0.12.1 released!

Matthew Wild

Jun 10, 2022, 5:59:56 AM6/10/22
to Prosody IM Users Group, Prosody IM Developers Group, prosody-...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

We are pleased to announce the release of Prosody 0.12.1.

While the 0.12.0 release has been a huge success, inevitably people
found some aspects that didn't work quite as intended, or weren't as
polished as they ought to be. With the appreciation for the help from
everyone reporting issues to us, we're happy to now release our best
version yet - 0.12.1 is here!

Most notably, we made a couple of changes that improve compatibility with
Jitsi Meet, we fixed some bugs in our newly-extended XEP-0227 support,
invites, and DNS handling. We also improved compatibility with some less
common platforms.

A summary of changes since the previous release:

Fixes and improvements

- mod_http (and dependent modules): Make CORS opt-in by default
(#1731)
- mod_http: Reintroduce support for disabling or limiting CORS (#1730)
- net.unbound: Disable use of hosts file by default (fixes #1737)
- MUC: Allow kicking users with the same affiliation as the kicker
(fixes #1724 and improves Jitsi Meet compatibility)
- mod_tombstones: Add caching to improve performance on busy servers
(fixes #1728: mod_tombstone: inefficient I/O with internal storage)

Minor changes

- prosodyctl check config: Report paths of loaded configuration files
(#1729)
- prosodyctl about: Report version of lua-readline
- prosodyctl: check config: Skip bare JID components in orphan check
- prosodyctl: check turn: Fail with error if our own address is
supplied for the ping test
- prosodyctl: check turn: warn about external port mismatches behind
NAT
- mod_turn_external: Update status and friendlier handling of missing
secret option (#1727)
- prosodyctl: Pass server when listing (outdated) plugins (fix #1738:
prosodyctl list --outdated does not handle multiple versions of a
module)
- util.prosodyctl: check turn: ensure a result is always returned from
a check (thanks eTaurus)
- util.prosodyctl: check turn: Report lack of TURN services as a
problem #1749
- util.random: Ensure that native random number generator works before
using it, falling back to /dev/urandom (#1734)
- mod_storage_xep0227: Fix mapping of nodes without explicit
configuration
- mod_admin_shell: Fix error in 'module:info()' when statistics is not
enabled (#1754)
- mod_admin_socket: Compat for luasocket prior to unix datagram
support
- mod_admin_socket: Improve error reporting when socket can't be
created (#1719)
- mod_cron: Record last time a task runs to ensure correct intervals
(#1751)
- core.moduleapi, core.modulemanager: Fix internal flag affecting
logging in in some global modules, like mod_http (#1736, #1748)
- core.certmanager: Expand debug messages about cert lookups in index
- configmanager: Clearer errors when providing unexpected values after
VirtualHost (#1735)
- mod_storage_xep0227: Support basic listing of PEP nodes in absence
of pubsub#admin data
- mod_storage_xep0227: Handle missing {pubsub#owner}pubsub element
(fixes #1740: mod_storage_xep0227 tracebacks reading non-existent
PEP store)
- mod_storage_xep0227: Fix conversion of SCRAM into internal format
(#1741)
- mod_external_services: Move error message to correct place (fix
#1725: mod_external_services: Misplaced textual error message)
- mod_smacks: Fix handling of unhandled stanzas on disconnect (#1759)
- mod_smacks: Fix counting of handled stanzas
- mod_smacks: Fix bounce of stanzas directed to full JID on unclean
disconnect
- mod_pubsub: Don't attempt to use server actor as publisher (#1723)
- mod_s2s: Improve robustness of outgoing s2s certificate verification
- mod_invites_adhoc: Fall back to generic allow_user_invites for
role-less users
- mod_invites_register: Push invitee contact entry to inviter
- util.startup: Show error for unrecognized command-line arguments
passed to 'prosody' (#1722)
- util.jsonpointer: Add tests, compat improvements and minor fixes
- util.jsonschema: Lua version compat improvements

# Download

As usual, download instructions for many platforms can be found on our
download page: https://prosody.im/download

If you have any questions, comments or other issues with this release,
let us know! https://prosody.im/discuss