ZTE DSL modem statistics

Nexgn Technologies

Jun 20, 2024, 4:48:54 AMJun 20
to Prometheus Users

Dear Experts,

I hope this message finds you well.

I am seeking assistance to retrieve various statistics from my ZTE DSL Modem. Specifically, I would like to obtain data on the following:

  • WAN traffic
  • LAN traffic per port
  • LAN side WiFi Traffic
  • Modem CPU usage
  • Modem RAM usage
  • Modem Temperature

My Modem Model is ZTE ZXHN H168N v3.5, and the Serial Number is ZTELRUVN8507364.

Could anyone guide me on how to access and extract these statistics from my modem?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Brian Candler

Jun 20, 2024, 12:54:03 PMJun 20
to Prometheus Users
Talk to the vendor, or a user group for that device.

Your starting point would be firstly to see if it supports SNMP, and if so to get hold of a copy of the MIB. If not, then you'd have to look at whether it exposes that information in any other way, and then write your own exporter to extract it from the device.

Nexgn Technologies

Jun 22, 2024, 12:39:02 AMJun 22
to Prometheus Users
Dear Brian,

Thanks for helping me on ZTE modem. Yes It support SNMP. Let me find its MIB from vendor.