SNMP Exporter - MessPC Ethernetbox - Configuration

Alex Veso

Jun 14, 2024, 6:20:53 AMJun 14
to Prometheus Users
Hello,

I have to setup a config to scrape the metrics from an MessPC EthernetBox.
Those devices are pretty old and doesn't support SNMP-systemgroups due to storage limitations (don't know what this means, that's what their support told me).

I attached the result of an snmp walk (snmp_walk.txt).

I was already able to get the values for those metrics. (snmp_config_for_now.txt)
But I'm trying to add the generic information in 1.3.6.1.4.1.14848.2.1.1.x.x like LocationName, Version, etc
i tried it like this, but my result is empty :/

    - name: snmp_messpc_info
      oid: 1.3.6.1.4.1.14848.2.1.1.5.0
      type: gauge
      - labelname: messPcInfo
        type: gauge
      lookups:
      - labels:
        - messPcSensorIndex
        labelname: messPcLocation
        oid: 1.3.6.1.4.1.14848.2.1.1.2.0
        type: DisplayString

Can somebody help me out? :S

Many thanks in advance!
snmp_config_for_now.txt
snmp_walk.txt

Ben Kochie

Jun 14, 2024, 6:30:35 AMJun 14
to Alex Veso, Prometheus Users
The thing you want to do is use the snmp_exporter generator. This will correctly parse the MIB and produce a valid snmp_exporter module config.

Something like this works:
modules:
  ethernetbox:
    walk: