Assign Port on fly for jmx_exporter for exporting kafka metrics

Tushar Goyal

Nov 22, 2022, 10:32:26 AM11/22/22
to Prometheus Users
Hi,

We are using JMX_exporter to export metrics to Prometheus.

Multiple connector could be residing on workers in same host. So it is not possible to assign port in static config. So we need to have metrics for different connectors on different ports clearly.

 My question is: whether it is possible to dynamically:

  1. Configure the JMX port on which the JMX_exporter is listening on the fly
  2. Configure the port on which JMX_exporter is exposing metrics on the fly

Please point me to related discussions on this and possible workarounds.

Thanks,
Tushar Goyal

Doug Hoard

Apr 21, 2023, 1:36:48 PM4/21/23
to Prometheus Users
Tushar,

By connector are referring to Kafka Connect?