Missing "http_server_requests_second_bucket" query

Boris Szelcsanyi

Nov 28, 2022, 11:53:06 AM11/28/22
to promethe...@googlegroups.com
Hi all!

Issue: The prometheus client, monitoring our services is missing the "http_server_requests_second_bucket" query. I have tried to look up for a similar issue, but I haven't found anything related to resolving this. (see screenshot below)

Motivation:
I'd like to calculate the APDEX score, for that I need the query.

Possible Solution??: Could it be that I need to take use of the Java Client Prometheus library and implement the missing histogram as it is explained in the docs? Or is there some better solution?

Background:
We currently have four spring middleware. For each middleware I added following dependencies:
image.png
After that I have configured the application.yml of each middleware:
image.png

I'd appreciate any input and possible solutions.

--
Thanks in advance and best regards,

Boris

Fabian Stäber

Nov 28, 2022, 12:57:59 PM11/28/22
to Boris Szelcsanyi, promethe...@googlegroups.com
Hi Boris,

By default histograms don't have buckets in Spring boot, just a count and a sum (and they are exposed as Summaries in Prometheus).
You have to add a configuration "management.metrics.distribution.percentiles-histogram" to make Spring Boot expose histogram buckets.

Fabian