Backfilling in Prometheus

Atibhi Agrawal

Sep 22, 2020, 3:42:00 AM9/22/20
to Prometheus Developers
Hello Everyone,

I am Atibhi and I am an intern with Grafana Labs. I will be working to add backfilling functionality in Prometheus, specifically adding support to allow Prometheus to bulk import data from CSV and OpenMetrics file format.
Here is the link to my design document : Design Document
Will be grateful for your reviews and comments.

Best,
Atibhi Agrawal

Julien Pivotto

Sep 22, 2020, 7:56:10 AM9/22/20
to Atibhi Agrawal, Prometheus Developers
On 22 Sep 00:42, 'Atibhi Agrawal' via Prometheus Developers wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am Atibhi and I am an intern with Grafana Labs. I will be working to add
> backfilling functionality in Prometheus, specifically adding support to
> allow Prometheus to bulk import data from CSV and OpenMetrics file format.
> Here is the link to my design document : Design Document
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MbBjxOVmZBGUyOvPLWtBEawpJoq1GP6iMurcsmLJzBQ/edit?usp=sharing>
> Will be grateful for your reviews and comments.
>
> Best,
> Atibhi Agrawal

Welcome!

I am confused because this is work in progress:

https://github.com/prometheus/prometheus/pull/7586

> --

Julien Pivotto
@roidelapluie

Atibhi Agrawal

Sep 22, 2020, 8:54:35 AM9/22/20
to Prometheus Developers
I will be extending that and working on completing it :)