New GSoC Mentee Working on gogo/protobuf Deprecation

Tony Li

May 21, 2024, 2:33:22 PMMay 21
to Prometheus Developers
Hi Team,

My name is Tony, and I’m excited to join you as a mentee in this summer’s Google Summer of Code (GSoC) program.

I’ll be working closely with my mentors, Callum Styan and Max Amin, on phasing out gogo/protobuf in favor of an actively maintained library. By the end of the summer, our goal is to have Prometheus fully transitioned to this new solution.
I recently completed my undergraduate studies at the University of Waterloo, where I gained substantial experience with protobuf during my time as a Software Engineer Intern at Buf. This experience provided me with valuable insights into developing and maintaining open-source libraries.

I’m looking forward to collaborating with all of you during the GSoC program and hope to continue our interactions afterward.

Tony