PV data not restored although PV object is there !

Abhay Kohli

Jun 5, 2023, 1:14:18 PM6/5/23
to Project Velero
I want my PV data to be restored, for testing i created a simple File in the volume and deleted it after taking backup but the File is not restore.

What steps did you take and what happened:

  1. Installed velero using following paramaters:
    velero install --provider aws --plugins velero/velero-plugin-for-aws:v1.6.2 --bucket howdy12 --secret-file ./credentials-velero --use-volume-snapshots=false --backup-location-config region=ap-south-1 --namespace velero --use-node-agent --default-volumes-to-fs-backup
  2. I have installed this on a minikube cluster with docker as a driver.
  3. Created PV and PVC attached to a pod in namespace foo. (Manifet/yml files are attached for the same)
    I have created backup using command :
    velero backup create backup-test --include-namespaces foo --default-volumes-to-fs-backup --snapshot-volumes --ttl 180h
    and before this i have
    annotated the pod using:
    kubectl -n foo annotate pod/sample backup.velero.io/backup-volumes=my-pv
    FYI: Both PV and PVC are Bound
Pod-velero.txt
PVC-velero.txt
pv-velero.txt

Tiger Kaovilai

Jun 7, 2023, 11:34:12 PM6/7/23
to Abhay Kohli, Project Velero
0 byte files are not included in restic backups.. so if all you did was `touch filename` then IIUC it won't be restored. Not sure if kopia have the same behavior.. you can try switching uploader-type to kopia

Please review the documentation and file issues if you think sections could be improved. If you already know what needs to be changed, make a pull request!
The aim should be that someone only has to ask once, and it can be easily looked up. You can find discussions of other velero users at
--

Tiger Kaovilai

He/Him/His

Software Engineer, OADP, Migration and Modernization Engineering

Red Hat

100 E. Davie Street

Raleigh, NC 27601

ti...@redhat.comtkao...@redhat.com

Abhay Kohli

Jun 12, 2023, 6:16:58 AM6/12/23
to Project Velero

I used nano and put some lines in it .

Abhay Kohli

Jun 12, 2023, 8:32:52 AM6/12/23
to Project Velero
Done with Uploader-type to kopia as well no progress

Abhay Kohli

Jun 12, 2023, 8:37:19 AM6/12/23
to Project Velero

For testing purpose i added a git repo and i still not able to restore it.

Abhay Kohli

Jul 3, 2023, 1:15:46 AM7/3/23
to Project Velero
Any lead on this??