PV-only backup and restore

Oliver Mattern

Dec 27, 2020, 2:38:21 PM12/27/20
to Project Velero
Hi,

since Velero 1.5 there is support for Restic based PV backup integrated. I could successfully backup and restore all my Kubernetes resources including the data inside the persistent volumes. I am wondering how to backup only PV data and restore it into a data-less namespace. Is there any way to achieve this?

I understand that the complete backup and restore of a whole namespace is a good solution for desaster recovery cases. But I want regularly create my cluster from scratch and like to import the data into this skeleton. Is this a common use case for Velero?

Thanks in advance!

Oliver

Elias Abacioglu

May 19, 2021, 8:18:53 AM5/19/21
to Project Velero
I also only need to ONLY backup PV's since all the kubernetes objects are already checked into git  and pushed via a pipeline

Mohammad Shadaab

Nov 15, 2022, 4:14:34 AM11/15/22
to Project Velero
Hi Guys ,
I am using 1.5.0v restic and i took a velero backup . The velero backup successfully completed with "completed" status and i chcked the logs . I did not find any error in the logs .
When i restored in a new cluster then the pods are in pending state because the the manual pv is not getting created .
Is it a bug or is it a expected behavior ?
Can anybody help me ?