Feature Request: Designate worksheet(s) for loading

Marshall Feldman

Jun 4, 2018, 12:44:59 AM6/4/18
to ProjectTemplate
It is common for data to be packaged in a spreadsheet (typically Excel) with several worksheets. For example, the Penn World Table of economic data comes in an xlsx file with three worksheets, two of which are solely documentation: Info and Legend. Only the third, Data, contains data.

I would like some way to configure a project and to tell it what worksheet(s) in individual spreadsheet files should be read and loaded. For example, the configuration entry might look like:

       workbooks:                             # Designates a section of the configuration file devoted to specifying how spreadsheet workbooks should be handled
             workbook: pwt90.xlsx       # First workbook is the Penn World Table version 9.0 as an xlsx file
                  sheets: Data                # Only read the Data sheet and use it to create a data frame. This entry could be a comma-delimited list of worksheets (e.g. Data, Demographics, etc.)
                                                      # If more than one workbook will be processed, start another workbook entry here.

Kenton White

Jun 19, 2018, 1:12:04 PM6/19/18
to project...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marshall,

Sorry for my delay in responding — the google groups is deprecated in favour of GitHub.

Would you mind opening this as a request on the github repository please:  https://github.com/KentonWhite/ProjectTemplate

Kenton White