You are missing a configuration file: config/global.dcf

Giannis Michaelides

Apr 24, 2014, 5:30:07 PM4/24/14
to project...@googlegroups.com
when i use load.project() i gets this message:
You are missing a configuration file: config/global.dcf

the thing is tha the global.dcf file is in config/!!

What could be the problem??

Kirill Müller

Apr 24, 2014, 5:46:29 PM4/24/14
to project...@googlegroups.com
Could you please show a sessionInfo() ?

Giannis Michaelides

Apr 24, 2014, 5:49:19 PM4/24/14
to project...@googlegroups.com
> sessionInfo()
R version 3.0.2 (2013-09-25)
Platform: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu (64-bit)

locale:
 [1] LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8       LC_NUMERIC=C               LC_TIME=de_DE.UTF-8
 [4] LC_COLLATE=en_US.UTF-8     LC_MONETARY=de_DE.UTF-8    LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8
 [7] LC_PAPER=de_DE.UTF-8       LC_NAME=C                  LC_ADDRESS=C
[10] LC_TELEPHONE=C             LC_MEASUREMENT=de_DE.UTF-8 LC_IDENTIFICATION=C

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] ProjectTemplate_0.5-1

[1] tools_3.0.2

On 04/24/2014 11:30 PM, Giannis Michaelides wrote:
when i use load.project() i gets this message:
You are missing a configuration file: config/global.dcf

the thing is tha the global.dcf file is in config/!!
What could be the problem??

Kenton White

Apr 24, 2014, 5:57:02 PM4/24/14
to project...@googlegroups.com
I sometimes get that error if I'm inadvertently working in a different directory than the project directory. For me, this happens most often when I've just run create.project() since I forget to then change into the new directory!

Can you just check that R can see the config directory by running list.files().  The output should look something like this:

 [1] "cache"       "config"      "data"        "diagnostics" "doc"
 [6] "graphs"      "lib"         "logs"        "munge"       "profiling"
[11] "README"      "reports"     "src"         "tests"       "TODO"

Kenton White

Giannis Michaelides

Apr 24, 2014, 6:00:54 PM4/24/14
to project...@googlegroups.com
I think you helped a lot with what you just said! I found the Problem! i have set my directory ...letters/data!! thats why r couldnd find config/global.dcf. now i did it right and it works! thanks a lot for your time!!