Project Template and Java or Python projects

Matt Sweetnam

Dec 1, 2015, 4:54:06 PM12/1/15
to ProjectTemplate
Hey all,

I'd like to have the data ingest, transformation and enrichment processes all stored within the same project and have them all source controlled (they're done with other tools)..

So if i use other tools used to make the project work, do you recommend just putting that tool's project under the source folder? the munge folder? or something else completely?

(I'm thinking of pig scripts, java projects, python projects, or whatever)

Cheers,
Matt

Kenton White

Dec 7, 2015, 1:15:34 AM12/7/15
to project...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matt,

I often use Python and Ruby with with my projects in ProjectTemplate. I usually make a separate folder called ruby or python and put the code in there. I will then make a R interface to that code (usually just making system calls) in the helpers folder. I can then call the R interface from my other ProjectTemplate parts, such as the munge or source step.

Kenton White