Error message

Randy B.

Feb 3, 2013, 5:50:45 PM2/3/13
to project...@googlegroups.com
I was working thru the ProjectTemplate tutorial on the ProjectTemplate website
and when I run the plotting code, I keep getting this:

> setwd("~/DataClass/letters/src")
> plot1 <- ggplot(first.letter.counts, aes(x = V1)) + geom_density()
> ggsave(file.path('graphs', 'plot1.pdf'))
Saving 8.38 x 4.67 in image
Error in grDevices::pdf(..., version = version) :
  cannot open file 'graphs/plot1.pdf'

> plot2 <- ggplot(second.letter.counts, aes(x = V1)) + geom_density()
> ggsave(file.path('graphs', 'plot2.pdf'))
Saving 8.38 x 4.67 in image
Error in grDevices::pdf(..., version = version) :
  cannot open file 'graphs/plot2.pdf'

For some reason I'm getting an error in grdevices, due to some version problem?
So it's not creating the pdf's.
Far as I can tell everything is up to date.
Any idea's? I'm using RStudio and I'm still new to R. So any help would be appreciated.

John Myles White

Feb 3, 2013, 5:56:24 PM2/3/13
to project...@googlegroups.com
I think the problem is that you're in the "src" directory, whereas you should be in "~/DataClass/letters".

 -- John

ProjectTemplate tutorial on the ProjectTemplate website